We have three classes:
- Bluebirds (2 and 3 year-olds),
- Stars (3 and 4 year-olds), and
- Rainbows (4 and 5 year-olds)
Placement in a class is based on your child’s age on September 1 of the year enrolling.
- Bluebirds (2 & 3 year-olds): 1:4 ratio. Daily attendance of 12 children with 3 teachers
- Stars (3 & 4 year-olds): 1:8 ratio. Daily attendance of 16 children with 4 teachers
- Rainbows (4 & 5 year-olds): 1:10 ratio. Daily attendance of 20 children with 4 teachers
TCS is open Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 6:00pm.
Enrollment options for the 2021-22 school year include full-time (5 days per week) and a few part-time enrollment slots (3 or 4 full-time days per week) for the youngest children. None of the classrooms offer half days.
Tuition is paid monthly and varies based upon the class and whether the child is enrolled full-time or part-time. For the 2022-2023 school year, the rates will be:
- Bluebirds: $2300 (5 days per week); $2000 (4 days per week); $1688 (3 days per week)
- Stars: $2195 (5 days per week); no children enrolled part time
- Rainbows: $2060 (5 days per week); no children enrolled part time
Tuition typically increases each year by approximately 3.5 percent. TCS does not offer a sibling discount.
Typically, TCS welcomes and encourages the participation of families, as seeing a link between home and school is an important part of a young child’s education. While there is no volunteer requirement for the families of children at TCS, we do rely on families for chaperoning field trips, administering our fundraising events, especially the annual auction, and serving on the Board of Directors, which oversees the Executive Director who manages the school. Other opportunities for participation include participating in class activities and coming in to share a skill or knowledge with your child’s classroom, and once/twice a year helping at Family Workday to tackle some new projects.
*However, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to allow families in classrooms while children are present. We encourage families to serve on the Board of Directors which meets monthly on Zoom and to assist with improvement projects when the children are not present. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. *