TCS has upgraded operational protocols to reflect the latest COVID-19 guidelines. We remain committed to providing a high-quality learning experience for our families, while prioritizing the safety of our community.
- Ages Served- The Bluebirds classroom is for children aged 2 and 3 years old, the Stars classroom is for children aged 3 and 4 years old, and the Rainbows classroom is for children aged 4 and 5 years old.
- Hours– TCS is open for children 8:30-6:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Tours– We have suspended group tours at this time. Instead, individual tours are available by appointment only at 6:00pm weekdays (while the school is empty). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an individual tour. You can also explore our individual class pages to see more: Bluebirds, Stars, Rainbows.
- Access– Only staff and children are allowed in the classroom while children are present. Masked parents may access the classroom to pick up items while the children are outside. Masked parents may also access the playground during pick-up or during special occasions, such as while reading a birthday book.
- Masks– Teachers and staff are required to wear masks at all times. Children are strongly encouraged to wear masks as they are developmentally able to do so while indoors. Wearing masks on the playground is weather-dependent. During the warmer months, we do not require children to wear masks on the playground due to the heat; in the cooler months this requirement is adjusted and children wear them most of the time on the playground.
- Vaccination– All TCS staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Cleaning- Throughout the day, TCS staff work to create a safe environment with additional cleaning measures. All items used by the children are sanitized at the end of the day. Any item placed in a child’s mouth is removed from play and sanitized immediately. Children are encouraged to wash their hands frequently throughout the day. Teachers wipe down high-touch areas multiple times a day, and sanitize all surfaces after children leave. This includes toys, furniture and high-touch surfaces.
- Outside/Playground-TCS has always prioritized outdoor play! Children go out in all types of weather and families are expected to provide sunscreen, hats, rain boots, rain coats and rain pants, snow boots and snow pants, gloves, and many pairs of extra clothing. We love jumping in puddles, exploring mud, and painting in the rain. We have increased the time spent outside during COVID. We have a spacious playground area full of climbing structures, slides, scooters, sand, dirt, gardening, loose parts, and lots of space for children to run around. The playground has been divided into sections which allows all children to be outside without interacting with other classrooms. Teachers provide outdoor play opportunities as much as possible, but when the weather does not permit playground usage, each classroom has access to an outdoor patio.
- Air Circulation– Each classroom has an exterior door that leads to the patio. We leave these external classroom doors open whenever possible for increased air circulation. Each classroom also has portable HEPA air filters capable of at least 5 air changes per hour.
- What does a typical day look like?– TCS strives to make every day engaging, loving, and caring. We want children and families to feel safe and well-cared for. Teachers plan fun daily activities responsive to the children’s interests. TCS is a place for children to grow, learn, and socialize in a safe, welcoming environment for all families.
- Arrival is between 8:30-9:05 am.
- Outside/Playground time is between 9:30-11:15 am for Bluebirds and 9:30-11:45 am for Stars and Rainbows.
- Transition to bathroom, handwashing, lunch time, and nap time for all classrooms follow.
- All children return outdoors in the afternoon, and head back to the classrooms between 5pm-5:45pm, depending on the season and daylight hours.
- Whether on the playground, patio or in the classroom, children are naturally spaced out as they play with manipulatives or eat at tables. We encourage cooperative play as they use blocks, read books, or act out their imaginations. Teachers are always supporting language development as they have conversations with the children throughout the day. We lovingly and honestly answer children’s questions while reassuring them as we build trusting relationships every day. Teachers also play a critical role in supporting children’s social and emotional development as they assist with disagreements or solving conflicts that naturally occur. TCS looks to balance our additional safety measures with developmentally appropriate play environments.
- To learn more about our play-based, Reggio Emilia approach, please click here.
We cannot wait to have your family join the TCS family! Please reach out with any additional questions to email@example.com.
Ready to apply? Click to download the 2022-23 application.